Leadership | 11.21.22
Time to Recertify
Are you due for CPCS® and/or CPMSM® recertification? The 2022 recertification cycle is now open and the process is easier than ever! The deadline to submit without a late fee is December 1st of your renewal year, but you can still submit your recertification application up to December 31st, however you will incur a late fee.
What you’ll need for your recertification:
- NAMSS email and password
- Continuing Education credit -requirements
- CPCS only certificants will need 30 total CEs (15 NAMSS approved)
- CPMSM only certificants will need 30 total CEs (15 NAMSS approved)
- Dual certificants will need 45 total CEs (25 NAMSS approved)
- Applicable Fees
From the NAMSS website go to Certification > Already Certified > Recertification > Click Here to Recertify Link: https://www.namss.org/Certification/Recertification
You will be directed to your Applications page where you can select the appropriate NAMSS Recertification Application. There is a requirements meters at the top of the next page to track your credits as you enter your continuing education.
Using the “Continuing Education – Self-Reported” section:
- Select the + Add CE Activity selecting the appropriate credit type
- Submit your activity details by populating the continuing education fields
- Upload the supporting CE certificate
- Click Submit to log your CE’s
To determine if any NAMSS approved activities have been pre-uploaded for you, check the “Continuing Education – Pre-Approved” section:
- Add CE Activity
- Search by provider, title, and/or date of CE activity
- If not found, search by key words or search through the master list
- Once found, click “Select” to upload your CE certificate
- These pre-approved activities will be automatically accepted
Continue to add continuing education (CE) hours until the meter at the top of the page is full, indicating that you have fulfilled all CE requirements.
Click “Continue” in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
- You will be asked to attest to the information provided, when ready, click on “continue”
Now you’re ready to complete your recertification payment by credit card or by check as directed by the system.
Once complete, you’ll receive a verification of payment submission from firstname.lastname@example.org and NAMSS will start the review of your recertification application. The review process may take up to two weeks - and you will be contacted if additional information is needed.